Tips for Successful Dips…
For Pretty Berries: Grasping leaves or stem, submerge 3/4 of berry. Lift the berry up, shaking gently to remove excess Dolci frutta. Turn berry upside-down to create a looped tip. Hold for a moment to cool before placing carefully on waxed paper.
For berries with no “resting” side, insert toothpick into leaves or stem end before dipping, dip, and anchor ﬁrmly, upside-down, in styrofoam block until cool. Fondue forks set in a cup of uncooked beans or rice also work well as holders. After berries have cooled and set, remove from forks or toothpicks and arrange on cool platter to serve.
Dipping Small Items: Using a frilled cocktail toothpick as a holder, plunge nuts, raisins, cherries, or other small items into melted Dolci frutta, submerging completely until covered. Lift and allow excess to drip off. Experiment with rolling items in coconut or ground nuts as desired. Set on waxed paper or anchor upside-down in styrofoam block until set. Serve on cool plate.
Some Important Information To Know
- Storage Store Dolci frutta in a cool, dry place between 60-70°F. Please don’t refrigerate as moisture may condense and prevent the wafers from melting properly. When stored on the pantry shelf, Dolci frutta will keep for up to two years (see canister bottom for expiration date).
- Keep Dry Before you begin, make sure all fruit and utensils are DRY. Moisture of any kind can cause melted Dolci frutta to become thick and fudge-like.
- Double Boiler Heat water to simmer in bottom of double boiler; remove from heat. Place Dolci frutta wafers in top of double boiler and melt, stirring occasionally until smooth. When using double boiler, avoid exposing wafers to steam from hot water as moisture may cause thickening.
- Melting There are a variety of ways to melt Dolci frutta! Choose the method most convenient for you.
- Microwave Melt Dolci frutta wafers in its microwavable container at 1/2 power (medium). Stir (IMPORTANT: melted chocolate retains its shape until stirred) at 30 second intervals during microwaving until fully melted & smooth; about 2 minutes. Do not boil or overheat.
- Oven Method Preheat oven to 325°F. TURN OVEN OFF. Place desired amount of Dolci frutta in oven-safe container and heat for approximately 10-12 minutes or until soft. Remove and stir until smooth.
- To reuse leftovers Allow Dolci frutta to harden in its container (before covering). Cover with lid and store on pantry shelf. Do not cover if coating is still warm. Moisture could condense inside, making remelting difficult. To reheat, remove cover and microwave at 1/2 power for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval (important!), until completely melted.
- To thin when overheated or thickened from moisture: Add scant teaspoons of solid vegetable shortening or oil, stirring until smooth and creamy consistency is restored. Adding more Dolci frutta may also help, but adding water, liquor, milk, butter, or other liquids, will only cause melted wafers to thicken further. You may, however, choose to simply use thickened Dolci frutta as a start for our Bad & Terrible Truffles.
- Hardening Melted Dolci frutta will harden in a few minutes at room temperature. A cool countertop is a fine place to allow Dolci frutta to harden.
- Dipping Place waxed paper on cookie sheet for easy moving of finished product.
Buy This Product
Dolci Frutta Recipes
No related links at the moment.